8.02.2012

Awakening


Have you ever watched someone sleep walk?   A number of years ago my wife was talking in her sleep and I mentioned that she should go pick up the baby. The only problem was that we did not have any children at the time. When she stood up to find our child, I was wondering where she might walk. As you can imagine I was startled when I heard the front door open and her walk outside. I rushed to open the door to find my wife standing ankle deep in the snow, wondering how she got there! Needless to say, she did not think it was funny at all!

Sleepwalking can be startling when you find yourself somewhere with no memory of how you got there!

This weekend at Crossroads Church in Cranberry we are kicking off August with message entitled: Awakening. If we are not careful, we can often find ourselves sleepwalking in our spiritual lives. On Sunday, we are going to look at the discipline of fasting and how God can use this to help wake up our spiritual lives.

Join us Sunday as we celebrate our week of VBS and ask God to awaken our hearts for more of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment