9.17.2011

Awakening: “Tune In” (Day 2)


After one day of my “Daniel fast” I am amazed at the everyday distractions that I face daily: the foods, the conversations, the entertainment and pressures that pull my attention away from God. 

I have also been surprised at just how much control these cravings have in my daily life.  Just yesterday I spent some time with a good friend of mine at the Original Hot Dot Shop in Pittsburgh with my two daughters.  My friend owns the shop and usually feeds my family and me every time we step in.  I love the food at the “O!”  Yesterday, I sat and watched as my two daughters enjoyed my favorite French fries.  Wow they smelled good. 

As I start to “Tune in,” one thing this fast it is already teaching me to enjoy the simple things in life that I overlook daily.  The taste of a radish in my salad, the juice of an apple running down my chin, the quite calmness of waiting on the Lord.

In our reading of Genesis chapter 8, I noticed the first think Noah did when he stepped off the Ark was to build and alter and offer sacrifices.  His very first action on dry ground was to honor God.  Scripture says that this pleased the Lord.

Just a great reminder that as we exit storms in our lives that we too should honor and thank the One that has pulled us through.  He is good and I am excited to hear more from Him as I tune out the static and listen intently to his voice.



No comments:

Post a Comment