9.16.2011

Awakening: “Return to me” (Day 1)


“Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”  Joel 2:12

Today, many of us at Crossroads Church are starting the adventure of a 14-day fast together.  In our devotion this morning, I am struck by the willingness of God to accept us when we have turned away.  Like a father who waits for his runaway son (Luke 15,) God’s compassion and patience with us is truly overwhelming. 

In today’s reading (Genesis 7,) we also see the judgment of God as He washes the earth with water and starts creation over again with Noah, his family and a collection of animals. 

As I start this time of reflection and pursuit of God, I cannot help but reflect on what God must wash away in me.  What are the parts of my life that He must clean?  What parts of my heart and soul need to disappear under the cleansing water of God?

As we begin this season together as a church, let’s reflect on the grace of God.  The grace we see and feel as we create space for Him in our lives and the grace that we don’t understand as he cleanses us and erases the parts of us that must be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment