9.22.2011

Awakening: “Hear Him” (Day 7)


“This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.  Listen to Him.“ Matthew 17:5

As a pastor one of the personal spiritual challenges I face often is balancing “doing” and “listening.”  My days are often filled with things I do for God.  I run meetings, plan events, organize groups, lead teams, help people and prepare messages all for God.  But there are times in my life when I fail to listen.

This is critical because it is impossible to follow Jesus with out listening to his direction in our lives.  We must listen to Him if we want to follow Him. 

How do you hear from God?  Do you spend time reading and meditating on His words?  Do you pray and pause to hear his quiet voice?  Do you seek wisdom through the counsel of others who have walked before you? 

As we start to enter the second week of our fast together slow down.  Turn off the static in your life and make space to hear from Him.  Be quiet and listen. 

1 comment:

  1. I think being quiet is hard for us because we let are thoughts run wild and dont want to listen. I love to talk to God and have growqn to appeciate the lessons. I think we are scared to stop too because maybe we wont like what we are hearing or shown.

    ReplyDelete