4.14.2011

My Core Values


All of us live by a set of core values in life.  These values are the guideposts that ground our very lives even in very uncertain times.  When we live in a way that is consistent with our core values we experience peace, but when we live in opposition to them it often can create great tension. 

Here are my personal core values.  From time to time I have had to revisit these values.  There have been times in the past when my environment or behavior has been inconsistent with these.  It is during these times that I know I need a change.

Freedom:  I value freedom and the space that allows me to create, lead teams, dream, teach and influence.

Honesty:  I value truth, honesty, transparency and authenticity in all my relationships, even when the truth is difficult to swallow.  I seek to find this in myself, from my loved ones and in the communities that I serve and lead.  There is power in the truth and I seek to find it in all I do.

Justice:  I value what is fair and just.  Injustice in this world deeply bothers me.  I seek to live in a fair way and be a part of restoring justice in the world.

Aggressive Pursuit of Jesus:  I value competition and a worthy battle.  The biggest challenge on this earth is spiritual.  I love the spiritual fight of expanding the kingdom of God and growing in my relationship with Him.

Missional Community:  I value being part of a team that is on the move and making a difference in this world.

Healthy Life Rhythm:  I value a pace of life that is healthy for my soul, body and family.

An Identity Rooted in Christ:  I value getting my worth, identity, motivation, and direction from my relationship with God.

My Little Ladies:  God has blessed me with three wonderful girls, my wife and two daughters. Outside of my relationship with God they are the most important part of my life.  I will protect, provide, and love them with all my heart.  If I succeed at all else and fail here, I fail.

All of us have a set of core values.  What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment