7.09.2010

The King will Return

Last night my heart broke. I was sitting on my couch with my 6-year old daughter when Lebron told the world that he was leaving Cleveland to play for the Miami Heat.


It has been interesting to watch the reaction of those back in northeast Ohio as they took the news. Immediately the text messages and facebook posts began to make my phone buzz off the table as my friends started to voice their displeasure at “the decision.”


But for me, this was put into perspective just a moment before the announcement.


In the moments before Lebron spoke my daughter could see that her daddy was feeling a little uneasy. She grabbed a blanket, sat next to me on the couch, and asked what was bothering me. I looked over at her and said; “I think this man is going to break my heart tonight. “ To which she replied: “Do you know what would break my heart?” I said, “What?” Elena replied, “If you and Mommy were to break up. That would break my heart,”


Ah perspective.


For the remainder Lebron’s announcement I held my daughter between my wife and I as we took in the news. And it really didn’t matter.


For those back in Cleveland I share your pain. “the king” is gone. But just a reminder that one-day “The King” will return. (Rev 21) and this King will never leave. He will wipe every tear from your eyes, there will be no more morning or crying or pain.” I am praying today that his first stop on His return to this earth will be Cleveland.

2 comments: