9.28.2012

Moving Mountains


One of my favorite places in this world is the beach.  I love the sun, sand and water. While growing up, my family would occasionally vacation with another family and enjoy some relaxation with good friends. One year, as we headed down to the beach, I noticed that the father of the other family had a large number of sand toys with him. I thought this was interesting because his kids were much too old to be interested in building sand castles - and then I found out that the sand toys were for him! 
 
As it turns out, this mid-life corporate executive had a secret passion for constructing large sand sculptures. This, of course, was very exciting to me! All day we constructed a number of castles, moats and sand mountains. At the end of the day, I was convinced that they would stand the test of the coming tide. The next morning, I was shocked that the mountains we made were all washed away. 

This weekend at Crossroads Church in Cranberry, we are going to look at what it takes to move mountains in our lives. Many of us have constructed immovable mountains of fear, pain and anxiety in our minds. On Sunday, we are going to look at how a little constant faith can wash these mountains away!

Take a moment this weekend to read through Matthew 17:14-20 and join us Sunday as we look at the faith it takes to move mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment