9.09.2011

Awakening: Why Fast?


I had a rather cluttered room as a boy.  This was due to my messy nature, not because of any fault of my mother, who constantly reminded me to clean and pick up my room.  I like to have stuff out where I can see it.

One day, we decided to make some space in my bedroom by stacking my two beds on top of each other to make bunk beds.  I remember as a boy being very excited about the new-found floor space which was created in my room. “Mom,” I said, “What will I do with all this space?”  “I’m sure you will fill it with something!” she said.

This week at Crossroads Church in Cranberry we are starting a New Series entitled: Awakening by asking the question “Why Fast?”  One of the best reasons is that it makes space in our soul.  When we fast, it can give us the elbow-room to reflect and grow in our relationship with God.  This Sunday we will be exploring how we can do this together as a community over the coming weeks.

Join us this Sunday as we start our new series Awakening and explore all the new opportunities that God has for us in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment