9.19.2011

Awakening: “When Grace Comes Down” (Day 4)


“For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” John 1:17

As I venture though my fourth day of Awakening and my Daniel fast I am continually growing in my awareness of God’s grace in my life.  Today I stopped and looked at my pantry, which is full of food.  Most of it I will not eat for the next 10 days but I was astonished at just how much God has blessed me with.  In this world there are countless people living without clean water to drink or food to eat but I have more than I need.  It is only by His grace that I have these blessings and many more.

In American culture (I know many of you read this from outside of the USA) many of us have become accustomed to grace, some even feel entitled to grace. As I journey through this season of Awakening I am reminded that God is the true source of all these blessings. 

Tonight as we dwell on the goodness of God please remember to thank him for the grace in your life.  Consider the ways He has blessed you and the future hope he has given us through Jesus Christ.  Then, look for a way to pass this grace on to another tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment