9.29.2011

Awakening: “Alignment with Heaven” (Day 11)


Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.  Matthew 6:10

From time to time, my seven year-old daughter will challenge my authority in our house.  This usually happens when she wants something that I have decided is not in her best interest. 

It is in these moments of frustration that she will often spout off and I will have to remind her who is boss.  “Who is the boss, Elena?” I often ask.  She usually responds by stating that she is the boss and whatever she wants should be hers!  “Who is the boss, Elena?” I ask again calmly.  Eventually she knows the response.  “You are the boss, Dad.  It is in that moment of submission that I assure her that I love her and I want what is best.  Sometimes I can even give an explanation as to why I have denied her request at that moment, but she can only see it when she decides to submit.

The purest motivation for our prayers is that God will be glorified and that His will would reign supreme in our lives, just as it does in heaven.

However, we can only see this when we recognize who the boss really is.  When we submit to His will and align ourselves with heaven, it changes our perspective.  In Genesis 15, Abram laments with God over the fact that he does not have a son to take over his kingdom. In that moment, he knows who the boss is. As God shares with him the blessings and challenges that will come to him and his family, he aligns himself with God’s will.

Who is your boss?  What is the most challenging part of your life to trust him with?  How can you submit that to him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment