7.12.2011

Getting Ahead of God


Have you ever felt like you have gotten ahead of God? Like your plans and ambitions have become so important that you are asking Jesus to follow you rather than the other way around? 

Sometimes you may notice that you’re in one of these seasons of leading God when you really listen to your prayers. God, today I need you to help me get this job. God, today I need you to help me find that special relationship. God, let’s find a place to live that has a little more sunshine. God, won’t you follow my plans?
 
The Christian faith can be summed up in two words.  “Follow me.”  Those are the words Jesus gave Peter and Andrew in Matthew 4, it is also the challenge that God gave Joshua: in all seasons, in situations don’t get ahead of me; just follow me.

This week at Crossroads Church in Cranberry, we are going to take some time to look at the person, Joshua, and how his ability to follow God was the very thing that transformed his world.

Join us Sunday as we look at one more of the great Transformers of our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment