6.02.2011

Surprised!


Have you ever been surprised?  It was a couple of weeks before my 18th birthday and some of friends of mine asked if I would go out and eat dinner with them.  To me, at the time, this seemed normal.  We went out almost every weekend and food was usually part of the plan.  After dinner, one of the guys said, “Let’s go back to your house, Mike, and play some ping-pong!”  Again this seemed normal as we did this often on the weekends as well.  However, this was not a “normal” night. 
 
As we walked in the house and headed to the basement, there were a couple of clues.  First, my friends were way too happy to play ping-pong.  We often did this as a last resort but this night it was all that they wanted to do!  Second, my parents were also very happy that we were playing ping-pong.  This too seemed a little unusual. 

As we headed down the stairs, I thought I heard something. As I turned on the light, 50 of my closest friends yelled at the top of their lungs, “Surprise!” 

This week at Crossroads Church in Cranberry we are starting a new series entitled: Surprise!  In the gospel of Luke, Jesus taught and did many things that people just did not expect.  Just when thy thought they knew God’s way, Jesus startled them with the unexpected.  In these passages, Jesus shows us that he cannot be boxed-in and that he might even surprise us!

Join us this week as we look at Luke 12:35-48 and how Jesus may surprise us with an unannounced return!


No comments:

Post a Comment