2.07.2011

Goals


We are already 5 weeks into the new year.  This year I created a list of my personal and professional goals for 2011.  I plan to take a look at this every two weeks to see if I am on track.  Looks like a busy year!  How are your 2011 goals looking?

·      Spiritual
o   Finish reading through the entire Bible
§  Blog my reflections
o   Pray for 10 minutes a day
o   Listen to 2 sermons a week.
o   Slow down and listen to God.
o   Find a local trusted friend to share life with.
o   Seek mentorship from 1-2 other pastors/leaders.

·      Family
o   Date my wife 20 times this year
§  Serve my wife weekly in a significant way.
o   Take my wife away on a trip
o   Date my daughter Elena 10 times this year
o   Date my daughter Ava 10 times this year
o   Take a Family Vacation
o   Find a creative way to honor my parents this year
o   Find a creative way to honor my in-laws this year
o   Be more present during “time off”
o   Continue work projects at home
§  Build a deck on the back of the house
§  Build porch on the back of the house
§  Start finishing the basement
o   Take Elena on a Missions Trip this Summer

·      Personal
o   Read and review 2 books a month
o   Unplug for 3 hours a day.
o   Work out 4-5 times a week. (45 minutes)
o   Play Basketball 1-2 times a week.
o   Find 5 Great ideas this year.
o   Travel
o   Listen more.  Be Slower to Speak.
o   Manage physical energy better.
§  Be disciplined in personal renewal.

·      Ministry
o   Be a good Team Player
§  Listen and serve well.
§  Be loyal at all times.
o   Successfully lead and launch Crossroads Cranberry
§  Hire and develop Staff
§  Develop Core team
·      Create and fill volunteer ministry positions
·      Handwrite three thank you notes a week.
§  Oversee Physical Upgrades to the Campus
§  Foster a environment of Spiritual Health
§  Preach well with passion and truth.
§  Develop a growing network of Small Groups
·      Train and empower Leaders
·      Create a effective entry process
§  Develop Cranberry Crossroads Training School
o   Preach well when called upon at Crossroads Oakdale
§  Protect time for preparation and study.
§  Develop this skill.
§  Listen to God through this process.
o   Develop and Execute Effective Multi-site Process
§  Listen and learn the vision of multi-site from my Senior Pastor.
§  Create an effective model for future campus launches.
§  Identify 3-5 future campus pastors
§  Create a process to hire/train emerging leaders
o   Help Assist in the Development of Crossroads Strategic Plan
§  Work with Church Solutions Group
o   Start Part-Time Consulting Career
§  Finish training for Church Solutions Group Strategic Planning
§  Serve my first 3-4 clients
o   Finish writing my first book.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring and ambitious. Working on my goals now.

    ReplyDelete