12.10.2010

Our God Who Restores


Have you ever messed up in life? 

When I was a junior in high school I was driving to class on a cold winters morning.  The frost had covered my car and rather than clearing the windows properly, I decided to shave just a small slit in the windshield to see through as I drove to school. 

On my way, I came to a busy intersection where I couldn’t completely see what was coming but decided to pull forward and cross the road. 

In a matter of seconds, I realized that I had made a serious mistake as I collided with another car coming in the opposite direction. 

I wrecked, I messed up.  And it was my fault.

I will never forget the felling I had that morning when I called may father to let him know what had happened.  As he approached me I began to apologize for the mess that I made, the trouble that I caused, and the car that I ruined.  But before I could finish my speech he just hugged me and said, “son I am so glad that you are OK.” 

The Restoration process had already begun.

The week at Crossroads Cranberry we are in the second week of our Advent series entitled, Revealed. 

Sunday we will be taking some time to study the book of Zephaniah and how God revealed that one day a Messiah would come to restore those who have walked away from Him, those of us who have messed up. 

Join us this weekend at 10:30am as we continue the journey together. 

1 comment:

  1. Your story caught my attention... since I've been on both sides of it... as the son who wrecked Dad's car and the Dad whose son wrecked the car. Praying that Crossroads Cranberry will be a place where people experience God's restoration.

    ReplyDelete