11.18.2010

Love


Every once and in a awhile I ask my 6 year old daughter if she likes “love.”  With great theatrics she inevitably breathes a theatrical sigh, lifts her hands in the air and dramatically states:  “I love. . . LOVE!” 

Who doesn’t love . . . LOVE?  We all need to be loved.  We all search for someone else to love and we all long to have a life full of love.  Right? 

This weekend I will be preaching from one of the most popular wedding passages in Scripture:  1 Corinthians 13 otherwise known as the “Love Chapter.”  In this passage we will see that real love lasts.  “(Love) always protects, always trusts, always perseveres.  Love never fails.” (1 Corinthians 13:7)

This week I encourage you to ask yourself the following questions about love:

·      When is the last time you extended grace to someone because of your love for them?
·      When is the last time someone has extended grace to you because of their love for you?
·      How has someone else’s love for you helped you through a difficult time?
·      How has God’s love for you helped you through a difficult time?

I am looking forward to preaching my first message at Crossroads Cranberry this weekend.  We would love for you to join us!  





No comments:

Post a Comment