10.20.2010

Choices

Have you ever had a moment in your life when you look back over a
section of time and think about how things could have been. . .if

‘If I would have only changed my approach things could have been
different.”

“If only I wouldn’t have said those words. “

It is when we look back over our lives that we can often see the axis points of life, those moments or decisions that actually determine the reality that we live in today.

Maybe today and you are able look back over your life and see with absolute clarity the moments and the words you said that damaged a relationship with your family or friends.

Maybe you can look back at an investment and say. “If I only bought that stock then it would have changed the reality I live in today.”

Maybe you are like me and you are thinking why did I pick Brett Favre on my fantasy football team?

Well for many of us, it is easy to look back over seasons of our lives and recognize those moments, those axis points where our past choices have directed our lives one way or another. 

But it is far more difficult to recognize and choose wisely when you are living in these moments right now today.
           
What choices are you making today?  Even the little choices can effect our lives in ways we may never know.  Read the book of Jonah this week and think about how his choices effected the direction of his life.  Ask this question: “What could have been if Jonah chose differently?  Choose wisely today.  Your choices today matter more than you may realize.


No comments:

Post a Comment