2.10.2010

"I AM"

I wrote this personal vision statement when I was in college For me it has been a great thing to pull out and reflect on from time to time in life.

"I AM"
by
MPA

I am an adopted son of God.
I choose to live my life in service for my Lord.
I will not work for a paycheck or live for the weekend.
I will focus on doing God's work and feel blessed if material things come my way.
I do not plan to have a mansion until I get to heaven.
I will not lay up my treasure here on earth.
I will serve others before myself and share God's love with a world that is starving for it.
I will never loose my sense of humor.
I will never completely grow up.
I will always be grateful for what God has given me thru my family and friends.
I will never be able to repay my parents for the sacrifices they have made for me, but to them I will always be grateful.
I will never be able to repay Christ for the sacrifice he has made for me, but to him I am eternally grateful.
I love Jesus Christ and will live my life for him.
I love the people of this world.
I hate sin.
My life may not be the easiest or most comfortable but one day I will look my creator in the face and He will tell me that I have done well. Then it will all be worth it.
I plan to hug Jesus when I finally get home.
Praise be to God forever and ever.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted your blog link on fb. It's a joy to gain a little insight into the grown man you have become through reading your writings. Really neat that you have this statement to look back on .. it must enable you to see the graces of God in your life thus far. Thanks for the glimpse - I look forward to reading more in the days and years to come.

    ReplyDelete